FILING A PROTEST OR CLAIM WITH THE LEAGUE (Regarding a League Match):
All protests, which arise from an infringement of playing rules, are subject to a $100 protest fee. Protests shall be presented in writing to the Arbiter, giving detailed reasons, within 3 days after the game, accompanied by a protest fee of $100.00. Please note, this fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. Any grounds for a protest which should arise before the start of the game, shall immediately be submitted in writing to the referee and the opposing team before the start of the match.
Claims which are made on the basis of an improper or missing registration of a player (ineligible player), need not be accompanied by a fee. Such claims must be filed within 7 days after the game.
Protests or claims including copies thereof must be submitted in writing by mail or email. The secretary of the protesting club shall also send a copy of the protest, by mail or email, to the club protested against. Each club may support its case by bringing witnesses to the hearing, if such is required. All protests or claims mailings & fees are to be sent to: Cosmopolitan Soccer League, 378 Bergen Boulevard, Suite 202, Fairview NJ 07022.
APPEALING THE ARBITER’S DECISION:
Appeals of a decision of the Arbiter shall be presented in writing to the League Office, giving detailed reasons, within 7 days after the team representative was notified of the arbiter’s decision, accompanied by an appeal fee of $250.00, which fee will be refunded if the Appeals Committee finds in favor of the appealing club. Appeals including copies thereof must be submitted in writing by mail or email. Each club may support its case by bringing witnesses to the hearing, if such is required. All appeals mailings & fees are to be sent to: Cosmopolitan Soccer League, 378 Bergen Boulevard, Suite 202, Fairview, NJ 07022.
FILING A PROTEST FOR A STATE CUP MATCH TO ENYSSA
1. Disputes and protests, as well as questions relating to the qualifications of competitors, or to the interpretation of the rules, shall be referred to the Cup Committee, whose decision shall be final and binding on both clubs. Every protest must be made in writing and must specify the basis on which it is lodged. Two (2) copies of the protest must be submitted to the Cup Committee by certified or registered mail, accompanied by the appropriate protest fee of $250 within three (3) days after the match to which it relates. All protests & fees should be sent directly to: ENYSSA, 2633 N. Jerusalem Rd., E.Meadow, NY 11554.
2. Any protest relating to the grounds, goal posts or other appurtenances of the game shall not be entertained by the Cup Committee (unless an objection has been lodged with the referee before the commencement of the match.) The referee shall require the responsible club to remove the cause of the objection, if this is possible, without unduly delaying the progress of the match.
3. The secretary of the protesting club shall send a copy of the protest, by certified or registered mail, to the club protested against. Each club may support its case by bringing witnesses to the hearing, if such is required.
4. If a member of the Cup Committee is connected with either of the clubs involved in the dispute or protest, then the member shall absent himself/herself while the dispute or protest is being considered. An attorney shall not represent a club at the hearing of a dispute or protest, unless said attorney is a bona-fide member of the club concerned.
5. When an appeal is made and upheld, the Cup Committee may order the match to be played elsewhere.
6. If such an appeal is not sustained, the complaining club may be called upon to pay the expenses incurred in arriving at the decision.